Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire Fighter Jaden

Jaden's favorite thing these days is to pretend to be a fireman. Countless times a day I'm told that I'm on fire, but not to worry Jaden always gets out his hose to put the flames out. For Halloween this year we got him a firefighter outfit, which he dresses up on an almost daily basis. Last Saturday we happened to drive past the fire station and noticed that they had an open house sign up for that afternoon. We hurried home, grabbed Jaden's gear and headed back to the fire station. He LOVED it!!! They had several trucks for the kids to climb up in and hoses out to play with.




Poor kid, the outfit is plastic and doesn't breathe too well!

Side note: For anyone who has read the Twilight series, the author is working on another book called Midnight Sun that is a rewrite of Twilight, but using Edward as the narrator. The first chapter is online, it's about Bella's first day of school through Edward's eyes. I think it's a fun idea and really enjoyed reading it.

8 comments:

Danielle and Derek said...

What a cute fireman! I've been trying to read "Twilight" for the past few weeks but it's been checked out at our little library. I've heard it's a fun series.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I just started reading it. It's a fun, easy read. My sister said it's not really appropriate for its targeted audience "tweens" and I can see why. It's pretty saucy! :) You should have borrowed our firefighter costumes. I have a baby one and one for Jaden's size! He looks cute. I've never seen a kid sweat as much as he does--so funny!

Garden Street Zoo said...

I am almost done with the Eclipse. I love the series, it is so fun and it really gets you hooked. I read the first book in a day, it was ridiculous. I will have to check out the new stuff online, thanks for the tip!

Heather said...

Jaden is the cutest fireman around! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. It will be so much fun. Luckily, I am not really sick anymore!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Fireman Jaden! You can rescue me anyday!!!
See you tomorrow!

ronandlindahatfield said...

How fun for Jaden to feel like a real fireman! I sat in a fire truck once. It was thrilling.

Christina said...

Jaden's such a cute fireman. It was a toss up this year for us: tiger or fireman. I've been meaning to start the Twilight series, too. Maybe I'll move it up a couple notches on my to do list.

Stacie Hawley said...

Ha ha...so cute!! Those pictures are awesome!! And...I LOVE THE VAMPIRES!! I want her to write the next installment in the Bella and Edward series...I need to know what happens next!!