
Sometimes I forget how much fun simple little projects are. I made these puppets with Jaden today and he absolutely loved them. I feel like since I had Logan I haven't spent as much time doing things with Jaden so this was a good activity for us to do together. Last night I cut up several of the pieces and kept them in the bag so they will be handy to do again later on. I'd like to get myself motivated to have some sort of little project to do with him everyday...any suggestions?
11 comments:
It will be very nice for you when Logan is old enough to play with Jaden. Halle and Cole spend most days playing all day with toys, but there are those days that they lose interest and want all of my attention. Those are the days we whip out stickers and paper, play fun computer games together (just type in free preschool games on google), go out for ice cream, make paper chains for upcoming events like birthdays and let them rip off a link each day, make cards for grandparents, make cookies, and whatever else you can think of. I like your puppets, they are so cute!
love the puppets! I think William and I will make some next week!
I always have a hard time coming up with ideas. I try to think of something that has to do with the season or holiday coming up. familyfun.com has some fun ideas too.
That's such a great idea! Do you have a pattern, or did you just make it up?
We also like to make masks out of paper plates (it works especially great for a lion). Hudson loves finger painting and water coloring too.
I have a few "busy books" with lots of creative ideas to repurpose items from home. I'll try to type some of them up sometime and send them to you. It's so hard some days to spend that quality time with them when you have so many chores to do.
Very nice puppets! Are they Grandma and Grandpa Hatfield??
Jaden showed us his puppets the other day on a video call so we had to make the same ones. Very Fun!!
Christina- I saw that they did have patterns online so I can't take credit for coming up with them on my own. Although we were out of ink so I ended up having to draw the pieces myself, so that sort of counts right?
Mom- which one would you have rather been? the dog or the pig?
The puppets are a great idea. Mylo's class makes flowers out of their traced handprints, 3D snowflakes (let me know if you are interested and I can give you more info), and lots of painting (which is messy, but fun).
I can't think of anything right now but if I think of anything, I will let you know!
What a cute idea! I think you are doing just great, don't you worry. I love the picture of Logan at 4 months. What a cutie! I bet both of your boys will be tall just like Scott. I missed being at playgroup too... it has been SO busy here, in a crazy way. But, it makes the time go by faster and I look forward to being back in Seattle with Cody on March 6th. We find out about my mom's MRI tomorrow. I have to take her to the appointment because my dad is out of town! AH! I hope it's not bad news. :( We definitely need to get together when I get back! I hope all is well for you and your cute family!
Happy Birthday April!
Post a Comment