Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jadenisms

I think Jaden is hilarious. Everyday he seems to pick up more and more what is going on in the world around him. I am often surprised by the things he says and remembers (the kid has the best memory of anyone I've ever met). I find myself having to be really careful what I say around him because he picks up on everything even when I think he's not listening. Here a few things he has said this weekend that I thought were blog worthy.

Out of the blue yesterday: "I don't want you to be my mommy. I want Melissa to be my mommy." Well I guess if he runs away when he's older I'll know where he went!

"I love basketball. It's the joy of my life!"

Jaden : I need one helper.
Me: What do you need help with.
Jaden: Uhhh I want Daddy to be my helper.
The funniest part about this was that he totally used the "this is awkward" voice to tell me I didn't make the cut.

I guess I ought to pick up on the hints that I need to step it up a notch in the mothering department. It's always good to know where you stand in the rank of things. Basketball, Daddy, Aunt Melissa and then Mommy.

I hate to leave Logan out so I'd better tell some of his latest tricks. He's really into blowing raspberries and has just started this high pitch squeal that sounds like he's crying but when I look at him he's got a big grin on his face. He goes in for his 4 month check up next week and I'm guessing he will weigh in around 18 lbs. The boy is a tank just like his brother. Below is a picture taken entirely for my dad's benefit. Go Nebraska!

9 comments:

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Hi April,
I stumbled across your blog today, and I love it! Your kids are so cute. I got to sit by Kami in R.S. today, and Logan was so fun. He had a smile for me everytime I looked over at him!
Melissa

Christina said...

Those kids always know how to put us in our place! I think Hudson's list is very similar: Baseball, Daddy, Grandma, Mommy.

I'm glad to see that Logan is sporting some Nebraska pride!

Heather said...

Jaden is the cutest little thing! And Logan is getting cuter every day! I miss you guys!

Jared and Melissa said...

I'll gladly take him if he really wants to come be my kid!!! For the record though, when April told him he could come live with me he changed his mind and wanted to stay with his mommy.

Garden Street Zoo said...

I think I like the basketball quote the most..."the joy of my life" part just made me giggle. So funny!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I was talking to a friend who said her little girl says, "Mom, I don't love you." Jackson tells me "You're a bad mom," everytime I get in trouble. Where they learn this things or that it would be hurtful to us--who knows? Truthfully we all know they could never live without us.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I meant to say, "Everytime he gets in trouble."

PS--Logan looks lots more like Jaden lately.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Grandpa LOVES the Nebraska picture of Logan! He looks like a real football player!!!
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Mollie said...

So cute, April. Kids will say the funniest things.