We have had a pretty severe case of the terrible twos at our house this week. If Jaden wasn't having a meltdown then I would find him throwing his toys at the wall, jumping off the furniture, or hitting/climbing on me. Even having the missionaries over for dinner (which is usually a big treat for Jaden) didn't help matters. He spent most of dinner crying about his food being cut the wrong way or daddy was suppose to dish up his rice not mommy. It's been a nightmare...but I decided that it could be much worse.
Jaden really is a good boy and has been a very easy baby/toddler. Until this week he has always slept great during the night and at nap time. He isn't a picky eater and usually finishes everything I give him. As active as he always is, he will sit down and read books quietly with me when I need a rest. Potty training was a breeze.
Factoring everything in I really have been blessed with such a sweet boy. I just hope this little rut we are in goes away before little brother joins us and throws everything off again!
Earlier this week we were getting dinner ready and look over to find that Jaden had started to dish up his own food. We were lucky that it was just lettuce he got his hands on before we caught him.
Jaden is definitely my safety boy. He doesn't dare get on his bike or scooter without having his helmet on first. Often when I'm buckling him up in a shopping cart or in his car seat he'll say "safety first mommy".
7 comments:
Did you go back and get the turtle? I am sure that the Terrible Twos won't last too long. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
Does Jaden wear his helmet to bed since he falls out a lot? Mackayla has quit sleeping this last week and we too are hoping this doesn't last through when the baby comes. Lets just hope the new babies are good sleepers!!!!
Maybe it was just a bad day for Jaden. Its tough being a toddler. Can't wait to see what the new little guy will look like...
Sounds like Jaden is a cutie to me! Being a Grandparent is so fun!! See you tomorrow!
Someone at church told me that "everything is a phase" and since I thing of it that way, I feel comforted. I'm just sorry that you have to deal with it while pregnant! That's what stinks. You're at about the same pregnant stages I was with Jackson, so I'm pretty sure that about the beginning of January (6 weeks before due date) Jackson started refusing naps. Stick to them! It's better for everyone.
Maybe he's just trying to get more fiber in his diet. Jaden sure is a cute and funny kid!
I totally know how it is! Isn't it funny how particular they can be about things. I broke off a piece of banana yesterday and Hudson wouldn't eat it because he wanted it still attached to the peel. As soon as I pretended it was still connected, he was fine. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment