Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jaden's 6th Birthday

Jaden turned 6 last week and we spent several days celebrating. Jaden's teacher was going to be gone on his real birthday so he wanted me to bring treats in the day before. At first he said that he just wanted Mrs B to be there, but later told me he was worried that the sub wouldn't know where the pretend cake was in the classroom. So we kicked off his birthday a day early, might as well spread the sugar out a little anyway.

On Friday, Jaden's actual birthday, was our stake's father/son camp out. Jaden got home from school and only had about an hour at home before he loaded up in the car and took off with the boys. He wanted to open all this presents right then, but we really didn't have time and we needed to have something for him to do at his family party on Sunday. He did get to open one gift from his Grandpa and Grandma Holt, who got to come up and spend the weekend with us.

Jaden has been talking about having a friends party all year long so even though I wasn't looking forward to it we let him have one. It ended up being really fun, but it wore me out!

In the past I have always made the kids a pinata for their birthday, but this year I decided to go for the store bought version. It was a busy week and I didn't have a lot of extra time to make one, and I figured that the kids were getting big enough they would need a stronger pinata than the ones I make. I was wrong about the needing a stronger one. I didn't think those poor kids were ever going to break that thing open. In fact I think Scott had to end up tearing it open for them. I guess I'll go back into the business for the next birthday.

Just when we were about to open presents some crazy guy showed up and tried to steal the presents off the table. I had warned the kids to be on the lookout and to spray webs (silly string) all over him like spiderman. The kids loved it, but it got them so excited that I started to lose control of them at that point. Good thing they were about to go home.



On Sunday we had a family party for Jaden where he was finally able to open the rest of his presents. His final gift to open was new underpants (which he was surprisingly not too upset about) after that I handed him a little paper with a clue on it. He had to follow the clues that eventually led him to find a new bike. It is a little big for him, but he was been riding it around all week like a champ.

Is he making a wish or saying a prayer?!



Cannnon has had a busy week. All in one day he learned to crawl, pull himself up on things and mimic his brothers. He is still just as happy as ever and we are all in love with his infectious grin.


The bigger boys started up soccer and love it! Logan physically can keep up playing with all the older kids, but tends to lose attention quicker than the others. At practice last night he kept pulling his shorts up all the way to make the others laugh. That's our Logan. According to their coach (Scott) Jaden is by far a notch above all the other kids on the team. He has a lot of natural ability and we are looking forward to watching him progress over the years. We couldn't possibly be biased could we?





Cannon is happy to sit on the sidelines and watch. He absolutely adores his big brothers.

4 comments:

Garden Street Zoo said...

How is it possible that Jaden is six? Crazy! Looks like his birthday celebration was a hit!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, six!!!
What a fun party & such an awesome Batman cake :) Too cool.
Happy Birthday Jaden!!!!

Danielle and Derek said...

Happy Birthday, Jaden! Looks like an awesome party. That cake looks professionally piped - good job!

ronandlindahatfield said...

All the parties were fabulous! Very special times for a very special birthday boy!!