I used to be really good about writing in my journal. I love going back and reading over things I wrote and remembering the small details of my life. Then I had kids and I suddenly didn't have the time or energy to write things down like I used to. Once I got out of the habit of writing it got really hard to get back into the habit because every time I went to write something I would have to catch up on all the big events and all the fun small stuff would get left out and what I end up with is a fairly boring list of what was going on. I feel like the same thing has happened with my blog. I no longer post about out day to day activities but rather toss up a few pictures with a small explanation...boring right?!
Since printing my blog into book form is on my "to do at some point" list I feel like I at least need to write more about my kids, since let's be honest I'm not doing it in my personal journal or heaven forbid in their baby books. So if you feel up to it grab a snack and get comfortable because my kids are awesome and I love to talk about them!
JADEN (5 1/2 years)-
I love Jaden, he is the perfect big brother. He loves to talk to us about his brothers or just life in general like he is one of the adults. Jaden will shake his head and shrug his shoulders when Logan is being crazy and he is doing pretty well at perfecting the eye roll. As of late he has been a little more sassy and defiant, but he still has plenty of hall monitor left in him. He will tell me all about the kids who get in trouble on the playground or who doesn't obey the teachers just to make the other kids laugh.
Jaden loves school, his favorite part being PE and recess when the weather is nice (he does not like it to go out when it is cold since it's too hard to play b-ball or climb with gloves on). He is reading well and is excellent with numbers. At a recent parent/teacher conference he received high marks on everything except when it came to talking to his neighbors and remembering to raise his hand. He is a little chatterbox! The other day he had to stay inside for part of recess because he was talking too much. Jaden said "I'm just like dad, talking all the time" (which is very true).
Jaden just last week lost his first tooth. It was a little loose but the permanent tooth was starting to come in behind it so Grandpa said it had to come out in the next day or two or else the permanent one would come in funny. I didn't have the heart to try to pull his tooth out myself so I made my dad do it, he is a dentist after all. I was worried about his pain tolerance and what he would do when he saw blood, but the boy didn't even flinch he had his eye set on the prize ($$$ from the tooth fairy). The next morning I think his exact words were "Jackpot!" He then put his money in his skiing money jar. I mentioned maybe putting some in his missionary bank, but he informed me that he puts all dollar bills in his skiing fund but all the little money for his mission.
Jaden's favorite color recently changed from blue to red and his favorite food is white shells (that's right Pasta-roni). His favorite pastimes are riding his scooter and playing basketball. He can tie his own shoes and just started styling his own hair. He combs and gels is up, Jaden told me "this is the way the Ditto boys do their hair". It makes me sad to see how fast he is growing up, but it's also exciting to see how mature he is. Jaden is very aware of what goes on around him and is a deep thinker. He'll come up with a solution to any problem and gives sincere answers to questions.
The missing tooth!
Jaden made this reindeer hat for Logan the other day at school.
LOGAN (3 years) -
Our little Logie Bogie has made some major strides in the past month or two. He is definitely a daddy's boy still, but at least I can get him to go back to bed now once he wakes up and realizes that his dad has left for work. Of course he still cries for 5 minutes first, but it used to be a solid half hour. Logan is wild and crazy and we are surprised that he has only had one broken bone so far in his short 3 years.
Logan's favorite colors are blue, green, yellow and orange. He is in a "no girls allowed" phase and recently tried to exclude me from our family hug. Logan will eat just about anything as long as it is dipped in ranch. He loves to write and usually has a pen and paper on hand. He is a smart boy but you have to catch him when he isn't paying attention to see actually see how much he knows. If you ask him to count he'll mess up after a few numbers and start laughing. He loves to tease and make people laugh so we seldom get a serious answer from him.
Logan's current obsession is basketball. He wears a jersey and shorts 24/7. We have to put his pants and a shirt on over his basketball clothes whenever we leave the house which he promptly removes the minute we get to to our destination. He takes his basketball with him everywhere, by far his favorite Christmas gift! Scott has taught him about BYU basketball so Logan now talks about Jimmer all the time.
We love our Logie!
I had asked Logan to get ready to pick Jaden up from school, this is what he came up with.
This was one of those "Hey Mom take my picture" moments.
CANNON (7 month) -
By far Cannon has been my easiest baby, he is happy all the time! People are always asking me if he ever doesn't smile. He is so easy going and loves to be entertained by his big brothers. I feel like I am enjoying this baby stage more now than with the other boys, probably because I realize now how fast they transition into big kids.
Cannon's current tricks include sitting up by himself, clapping his hand, clicking his tongue and waving bye-bye. He can get to just about wherever he wants by rolling, but is still not a fan of being on his tummy so he hasn't shown any interest in crawling yet.
I love that he loves his mama, it won't be long before he ditches me for his dad. Cannon has gotten away with being nursed and rocked to sleep during the night longer than his older brothers were. I know we need to let him cry it out before too long so he learns to fall asleep on his own, but I have really been enjoying my time snuggling with him. I'm in love with this boy!
Scott (30 years) -
No reason not to say a few things about my biggest boy. Scott is one of those people who is just amazing at whatever he does. He is very determined and a hard worker, therefore he is very successful. People often ask him how his job is going and he humbly says "oh pretty well," but he truly is awesome at his job. He has far surpassed all the goals and expectations the company has set up.
Scott loves basketball just like his boys. A favorite family activity is to watch him play on the church team. It has been fun to watch Scott transition over the past few years in how he plays basketball. Now that he knows that his children are watching him he has mellowed out a ton while playing and isn't nearly as aggressive as he used to be - that being said he is still the best one on the team :)
If I were to ask Scott his favorite color he probably would say pink just so that Jaden and Logan would die of embarrassment for him. He loves to tease the kids. I often have to remind him that he doesn't have to wait until the kids cry before he stops teasing them. Scott is an amazing, involved father!
We spent last weekend up at Camp Zarahemla
7 comments:
Well, I loved the updates and appreciated the details since we never see you guys. So keep them coming and maybe I'll be inspired and get around to writing more than picture captions one of these days, too.
You really do have a house full of awesome boys!
I loved reading your post! What a fun house of boys:) I'm pretty sure we're having a boy next although we haven't found out yet, I just have a feeling that we are going to have a house full of boys too!
I loved reading this too. Everyone loved it so I guess you'll have to write long ones more often. :)
You left out the update on yourself. I'll be looking for that next time.
That was a fun post! I LOVED the picture of Logan ready to pick Jaden up from school. HAhaha!!
You have a great family!
Cute April! I see you guys all the time and I still loved it. I love your boys. They are sweethearts. I am proud of Scott too. What a heart working bread winner for his young little family. And I'll say it again, you must really love him because you married him when he was probably going to be a poor AD! :)
April~ I know I have been way out of touch with you since we both moved from the the good ole' Shoreline area. I just got caught up on your blog! Wow! A lot has gone on. I couldn't believe your 3rd baby boy already arrived - and I got a huge smile realizing that you named him Cannon! That's our 2nd sons name. He just turned 17 months old. I love the name, but I'm a little biased. :) Cute, cute boys and lil' family. I hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment