A day or two after Christmas while Scott's parents were still in town we all headed up to White Pass to let the boys ski. It was Logan's first time on the slopes, he did really well and never complained about being tired or cold. It took Jaden a time or two down to remember exactly what he was doing but by the end of the day he was skiing in and out of cones.
White Pass has this "magic carpet" that takes the kids up the bunny hill.
We spent New Year's Eve in Seattle visiting Mitchell and celebrating Chad's birthday on New Year's Day. A group brought in a really nice dinner to the Ronald McDonald house and then the boys tried their hand at a little karaoke. After that we headed over to the hotel to swim and then eat snacks until midnight finally rolled around.
Logan dressed up and ready for his first day of Primary! The last couple of months we really struggled getting Logan to go to nursery so I was a little nervous how it would go, but it turns out he was just over going to nursery...he LOVES primary! Last week Jaden gave a talk so I got to sit in the back of the room, I was amazed that Logie was sitting there folding his arms and being so reverent the whole time. I hope it sticks, but I bet once he is more comfortable in there he'll start letting his craziness out.
Derek flew for a weekend to see Mitchell and crew in Seattle so we headed back over to there the next weekend to see him.
Scott turned 30 this month!!! I put together a party for him at the church inviting some friends from church. We played several basketball games (pig, bump, free throw shooting contest) and had a paper airplane flying contest as well.
On Scott's actual birthday we had a small party over at my folks house where he opened some super exciting gifts like a tie, and a window cover for the car. Just what every guy dreams of for his 30th birthday!
Notice that we used the cake from the previous party. No sense making a new one when we still had so much left. Also, you'll notice that Cannon has his paws on the box with the hope of getting a little for himself. He has been much more challenging than the other boys at transitioning into solid food. He HATES baby food. He'll either gag, spit it out, or even throw it up later if we manage to sneak any in his mouth. He's 20 lbs at 6 months so obviously his milk only diet isn't hurting him at all, but it would be nice to have some other options out there. He does like a few fruits that we mash up for him (but only in tiny portions) and bread.
We have had some warm weather lately. It's hard to remember that it is still January rather than spring time. We took advantage of it by going on family bike ride and playing some baseball in the backyard.
I feel like I don't take enough pictures of Cannon, so in an attempt to make up for it I took several at one time.
Cannon and Logan have come a long way these past few months. Cannon used to cry when Logan came too close to him, but now he absolutely loves him. Logan is a great helper during the day while Jaden is at school. He sticks right by my side all day and helps entertain Cannon so I can get a few things done.
8 comments:
Cute pictures. My mom had said that Cannon & Henry look a lot alike. I believed her but boy they sure do!
Hope Scott had a nice birthday :)
January was a busy month for you guys! The boys are adorable as usual! We need to catch up next time we make the trip over to Yakima.
It's so funny to see you playing outside in short sleeves while we're covered in snow here - what a nice taste of Spring.
Glad you had a good birthday, Scott!
I can't believe you replaced me in the family picture! Although, with her cute little face and chubby thighs she was the perfect stand in for me.
Wish we could have been at all those fun parties!
I didn't know that Cannon could sit up all be him self. Wow! You guys are always having fun!
love the pictures! love how cute your little man is! i guess hes really not that little anymore.
Such cute pictures! You guys are good about getting outside with the boys. Maybe that's why you have three boys--you do such fun boy activities! We are so sorry we missed Scott's 30th!
Hey April I found your blog through Heather. I can't believe how big Cannon is and it doesn't surprise me that Logan was so good in Primary, heck he couldn't have a better example than his big brother!
Please tell Chad and Amy That I think of them and I keep their little Mitchell in my prayers.
It's just crazy with Mitchell and I'm sure you've heard about Darcee and Brent's little boy.
I'm just so sad about the both of them!
Post a Comment