Sunday, November 1, 2009

A spooktacular week

Last Sunday was Jaden's primary presentation in sacrament meeting. The Program started off with Jaden singing a solo of I'm A Child of God. He did such a great job and looked so handsome up there in his new suit. Jaden said that he was a little nervous but you couldn't tell, he marched up to the microphone and sang in loud voice. After his song he recited his part which was "I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father. In Psalms 82:6 it says, you are all children of the Most High". It was quite the mouthful for the little guy, but he had it memorized and did perfectly.
Logan loved watching Jaden sit up front at church and kept waving at him throughout the meeting.

Last weekend we also got to see the Oscar Mayer truck at one of our local grocery stores. The kids got to walk through it and got a wiener whistle so it was an exciting day in our book.



I got really sick earlier this week with bronchitis so my kids got to spend a few days playing over at grandma and grandpa's house. They loved it and keep asking why they can't keep going over there everyday. While was on my deathbed Jaden's preschool at a Halloween party so I wasn't able to help out. However, by Friday was well enough to drive and and help out at his field trip to a pumpkin patch. They had a haymaze there that they kids ran through about 300 times. So cute!

On Friday we had our ward Halloween party.



Saturday we finally got around to carving our pumpkins.




Trick-or-treating....or as Logan kept saying "Cookie-treat".




9 comments:

Mike and Shara said...

Way to go, Jaden! Sorry to hear you were so sick! Sounds like you and Grandpa Crockett and Shelly had the same awful thing.

Heather said...

Looks like you had a fun week, at least the boys did! It was fun to go trick-or-treating with you guys at a few houses at Mom's and Dad's. Thanks for letting me come, Jaden! Nice Pumpkins!

Garden Street Zoo said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. It is rough being sick with kiddos. It sure is nice to have family in town to help out. The kids look great in their costumes!

jeanine said...

I'm so impressed by Jaden! I'll be lucky if William gets up on the stand--he gets stage fright so bad!

Danielle and Derek said...

After talking to Jaden the other day, Meagan said "Okay guys, I'm having a stressful moment - my little cousin is growing up!" Derek agreed that he sounded much more mature than we remember him. Good job on the solo, Jaden!

Jared and Melissa said...

Jaden looks SO handsome in his suit! Your kids looked adorable in their costumes. Thanks for letting us borrow some of yours this year. Looks like we'll have to borrow some more from your big collection next year.

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry you were sick! That is so not fun! The boys look great for Halloween! Did you dress up? Have a great week!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Glad you guys are on the mend now. Jaden did so good at his Primary program. We were so proud!! Everyone looked spootacular for Halloween!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I love the colors of the boys' matching church outfits. I think those would make a nice family picture theme.