Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Logan turned 2 this weekend and we had a house full of company to help him celebrate. Scott's parents, grandparents and his sister's family drove over from Utah/Idaho and spent a few days here. It was a good motivator to get our house in order, never mind the fact that we have lived here for 5 months already. I convinced Scott to let me buy a new couch and loveseat a few days before they arrived. I'm thinking next time we have company we are going to have to invest in a new dining room set :)
We drove up towards White Pass on Saturday, about 45 mins away. It was gorgeous but freezing!


Jaden asked me to take his picture while sitting on this rock. He's so cute.

Of course Logan wanted one of him too.


After church Logan was able to sneak in a cupcake before the actual part started. This is the face he makes now when I tell him to smile.

The crew: Mitchell, Logan, Jackson, and Jaden

Logan had a cookie monster themed party since he is our little cookie monster. Logan loves sweets and it constantly stealing everyone else's food. I attempted to make a cooking monster pinata. It didn't turn out exactly like how I had envisioned it in my head, but good enough to have a bat taken to it.



Checking out their loot.

Opening gifts.











The boys loved their new cousin Grant. Jaden starting bawling when they left saying he missed Grant and wanted him to come back.



Four generations of Holt's.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What pretty pictures on the outside pictures. I had a fun time at Logan's party. Thanks for letting me come!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I love his "smile" & the cookie monster birthday cake, looks yummy & cute!

Garden Street Zoo said...

Happy Birthday Logan! Two already? Time flies! Nice job on the cake! I think a new dining set prior to the next family visit is completely reasonable!!

Jared and Melissa said...

We're coming at Christmas and we might not be staying with you but we will be coming over to dine so I expect to be sitting at your new table.

Your party looks like it turned out great! I loved the pinata. Happy Birthday Logan.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! We had such fun at the party The cake was super delicious as well as being so cute. Chocolate AND vanilla!

Danielle and Derek said...

Happy Birthday, Logan! We wish we could have come to that awesome party. I love Jaden's rock pose. The new couches are lovely.

Kacey Ahlstrom said...

It was so fun to finally come up and see you guys! Thanks for letting us stay with for a few days. Grant is looking forward to seeing his cousins again too!

Garden Street Zoo said...

I just noticed your new blog header and your new haircut. It looks great!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Sorry we missed your party Logan! It looked like a fun time had by all. Glad the couch situation got fixed. :)