Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Keeping Busy

Summer is flying by and we are enjoying every minute of it. Recently Scott and I were able to get away for a weekend without the kids which was amazing. It was the first time in 4 years that I have been away from my kids for for that long. I did miss my boys, but it was very relaxing to have a little break. Scott had some meetings, but also a lot of free time so we were able to go out and hike around some waterfalls nearby.
The boys were exciting as can be to sleep over at Grandpa and Grandma Hatfield's house. I think they were pretty disappointed when we came back for them.






The boys went to a Yakima Bears baseball game last week. It was the same night as mutual so I couldn't go, but my dad was able to take my place (I don't think I was missed much). Chad's family was there too so it was a even more exciting for my boys.

The kids got to sing 'Take me out to ball game' Jaden has been wanting to practice it this week because he said he didn't know the words as well as the other kids. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of Logan when they got home because I don't know if I have ever seen him that dirty before. He spent a good portion of the time climbing up and down the bleachers which turned out to be filthy. Logan's legs were totally black and his shorts just about the same color.


On the 4th of July we went to "Cherry Days" at a local orchard. They had several things going on that day but we didn't stay long enough for most of them. We were able to pick some cherries and go for a hay ride. We had picked blueberries the day before and it turns out they were a lot easier for the kids to pick, we got all we needed though and had a great time.





We spent the rest of the 4th over at the Tree's place playing in the sun all day and eating some yummy food!






My sister Melissa and her family was in town this week so we were able to do lots of fun things with them. I guess I never had my camera around at the right time so I will have to rely on someone else to post pictures of all our adventures.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Those were realy cute picuters of the boys! I am glad that you guys had a fun weekend in Portland. Cherry days looked great. I don't know why I didn't go with you. Logan's face is funny in the last picture.

Garden Street Zoo said...

How nice to have a weekend just the two of you! I'm jealous. Some day I'll get there. Your boys are just such cute little buggers!

Julie said...

That's funny that the boys were disappointed when you came back, only because Michael Anne always tells me to get lost whenever I drop her off & gives me the waterworks & cries "I'm doomed" when I come to pick her up!

Jared and Melissa said...

Somehow I missed this post and just saw it tonight. Glad you guys had a nice weekend to yourselves. It was great seeing you last week!

Danielle and Derek said...

Those are gorgeous pictures of the falls. Glad you got a weekend away. We sure miss Yakima cherries!

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

"Alone time" is great. I'm glad you got to hang out with Scott. But, did I miss it?! Where was the destination that the two of you took off to?

April said...

Brooke - I guess I left that part out. We didn't go too far away, just about 20 miles east of Portland. We stayed at the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, WA.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I swear I posted a comment. Your trip looked fun. And, if that's the dirtiest you've ever seen Logan then you're pretty lucky. We'll see you guys when we get back.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Your little fruits are pretty cute! The picture of you by the waterfall looks like you are standing in front of a backdrop -- too beautiful to be real!
Loved having the boys for the weekend!

Danielle and Derek said...

Anybody catch a foul ball at the baseball game?

April said...

Sadly no - Jaden keeps hoping on will come his way.