We took the boys camping this weekend, it was Logan's first time sleeping in a tent. I have to admit that I wasn't exactly counting down the days until our wilderness adventure, but we all ended up having a good time. We had a campfire, went on a couple of bike rides and a hike.
I was really worried about how the kids would sleep in the tent. We didn't attempt lights out until 10:00, but I think it was about 11:30 when the kids finally fell asleep. As it would turn out our air mattress doesn't hold air anymore so by the time the kids were down Scott and I were laying on the uneven ground. It didn't seem to faze Scott but I couldn't manage to fall asleep until 3:30 and the kids were up at 6 so it was a short night (well actually Scott got up with the kids and took them to the lake to throw rocks while I slept a little while longer). It was good though that they got up so early so we were able to get a bike ride and hike in before it got too hot.
Jaden keeps asking if we can go camping everyday. I told him that would be fun and then we wouldn't need our house anymore. He changed his mind after he heard that, he likes camping but I don't think he likes it well enough to give up all his toys.
Jaden was actually very exciting about roasting marshmallows despite the look on his face in this picture.
As it would turn out he thought they tasted better straight out of the package, so marshmallows got a quick swirl through the flames and then went directly to his mouth.
Bagels and bug spray...the breakfast of champions!
This was right before we turned around to go back. Right after this picture I decided to run out onto the logs floating in the water. The kids wanted to follow me but I said no that just mommy would go out there since I have the best balance of the family. I should just know not to say things like that because of course they always come back and bite ya. I was trying to be quick and in my leaping back to shore I jumped on a floating log not a stable one. I was lucky to only have one leg end up in the water rather than my entire self. About 5 minutes later as we were walking back Jaden says to me, "well mom I guess you don't have the best balance in the family after all".
7 comments:
It sounds fun, but with no indoor potty -- I'd have to say "no thanks"!
Great pictures. Washington is sure a pretty state!!!
My goodness, you've had a busy summer! It all looks like so much fun. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. I liked that Jaden changed his mind about camping every day. HA HA! Cute pictures.
Those are great pictures! Looks like you camped at a really pretty place. And I love the story about balance. We're excited to see you guys! Do you know when you are coming?
Now now April. We all know that you do not have the best balance in the family. Only you can trip up the stairs. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Did anyone get any bug bites?
Good for you! I remember from one of my Family Science classes that camping is the best family bonding vacation. We need to bite the bullet and do the real deal one of these days, too. But I really like my bed... Your little campers are adorable!
That made me also think of all the times you've fallen on the stairs. Glad you made it through the campout!
Your kids look so clean in all of the pictures! What a good time.
Also, thanks for the tip on the Barkeepers friend. Even though it smelled like Rotten Eggs it got the rust stains out of my bathtub! I owe you one. We'll have to treat you guys to dinner the next time you are in UT.
Post a Comment