At first we thought we would just replace the carpet and paint a few walls. Then we decided that we might as well scrape off the popcorn ceilings throughout the house, which means that we have to texture and paint the ceilings as well (we meaning mostly Scott and my dad). We had talked about replacing the doors and moulding and had decided not to do it right now, but then the next day we saw in the Lowe's ad that doors were on sale so we decided to go for it...why not?
As of now we have ripped out the old carpet, scraped the ceilings,taken down wallpaper, removed all the door frames and moulding. This week we need to remove some tile and work on replacing the bathroom counter tops. Taking everything apart is the easy part, and I'm starting to get pretty nervous about putting everything back together again. My dad has been showing us what do to as we go, otherwise we would really be in a big mess right now! Scott leaves for Arizona in two weeks so we are hoping to be able to move in soon after he gets back from that trip.
Out with the old doors in the with new
I'm not sure my boys are going to want to move out of my parents house when it's time for us to finally move in. They have adjusted really well moving from Pullman to Yakima. I hope they do as well when we move houses and wards again. Jaden loves the primary in my parents ward. Every week since we've been here I've been told by different leaders how great Jaden is class and sharing time. I haven't been able to see him in action, but I guess he raises his hand for every question then gives long thought out answers. They usually aren't the correct answer to the question, but they are always gospel related. I hope he does as well in our new ward as I've heard it's quite a bit larger. Jaden is just growing up so quickly, I can't believe that my little baby is almost 4 years old!
Speaking of old, I turned 28 last month. How in the world am I old enough to be going to my 10 year high school reunion this summer?!A few weeks ago they had an Elder's Quorum pine wood derby activity. Jaden absolutely loved it! His car didn't go too far into the competition, but I don't think he noticed.
13 comments:
You guys have been really busy! I am glad that you guys moved here to Yakima!
It really does seem like yesterday that we had our babies and now they are turning 4.
Great minds think alike.... Nick and I will be doing the same thing with our house (ie- doing maintenace before we move in). I'm glad you posted about this, because I can now see that once you get in to the project it may take longer than you think it will!
Glad to see you're back to posting!
That looks like a lot of work - good job! I'm excited to see the finished projects, as I'm sure you are, too. It's nice that you have help. Good luck!
We are so happy for you and your family and glad to hear things are going well. Happy belated birthday and April, your not old (this past summer was my 20 yr HS reunion) I echo you with where has the time gone. Take care, we miss you.
I hope we get up there before too long to see the finished product. Good luck!
We hope you post the before and after pictures of the house! How exciting to be so close to (another) moving day! ;)
I know you can hardly wait to get the house done and move in, but we're sure going to miss you here! Love having you!!
Your house is going to feel SO wonderful when it's all done, because it will be JUST how you like it and all yours! What fun to learn how to do everything too; now you can help your kids in 20 years when they need help with theirs. We sure love having you guys so close although we calculated it and it's only another 5'ish minutes to your new house.
I just caught up on your blog -- what a crazy couple of months! Jaden looks so much bigger, they do grow fast. Your house looks great! What a fun place to raise your family. I hope the move/transition goes well for all of you.
You guys have been mighty busy. It is nice that you are able to do most of the work while living else where. Living in a construction zone with toddlers would not be very fun! Can't wait to see the finished project!
I hope we get up there before too long to see the finished product. Good luck!
what tough work! but you be glad in the long run! I love the darker hair it looks good! I am glad to see all is well! Have a wonderful easter week!
Post a Comment