Monday, January 19, 2009

Update on our move...

I mentioned that we were moving in the last post but failed to give any details. So for those who haven't heard, we are moving to Yakima, WA. Scott has taken a position with Edward Jones Investments. We have been thinking about making this transition for a couple of months, but finally decided to make the move.
The crazy part of all of this is that we decided Friday to go ahead and pack up and leave Pullman THIS WEEK! My parents and sister had already planned to come over on Friday for Scott's birthday so while they were here we packed a bunch of boxes, loaded up my dad's truck and send Jaden home with my parents. So now it's Monday and we have most everything boxed up, and are loading the moving truck tomorrow! Since we are very experienced movers it isn't stressful to move in couple of days (if so I definitely wouldn't be blogging).
So now we are off for what we are planning on as our permanent destination. Since we are moving so quickly we are headed for my parents basement...Whoowoo! Hopefully that is very short term and we can find our perfect first home quickly.
I'd better get back to packing....here are a few pictures of Scott's birthday.











9 comments:

Jared and Melissa said...

Good luck with the move. Mom and Dad's basement might work out pretty nice and you'll decide to never leave.
I love the birthday hats. Did you make those with the boys?

Heather said...

I had a TON of fun at the birthday party! I didn't help pack one box. Sorry about that :( I am excited to have you guys move here!

Five Alive said...

Wow, Scott and April we were surprised to hear about the move and complete career change. Best of luck. Happy Belated birthday Scott.

Kevin said...

I'm so jealous of everyone moving to Yakima. Hopefully Melissa and I will join you there soon! Does that make us sound like a couple? Can I speak for Melissa?

Em said...

We were all on pins and needles wondering if you were coming back to Utah or Idaho! We're bummed that you're not, but congrats on the move, we hope things go well!

Danielle and Derek said...

You guys really are Super-Movers boxing everything up in a few days! We're glad we'll get to visit with you on our Yakima trips. Good luck with the house hunt!

Shaila Lou said...

Hope you guys are settling in okay! (In the basement!) Still can't believe you guys moved already!

I love moving in only a few days, then I don't have to think about it too much, just box everything! Ha!

Halsey said...

You're finally all moved! How exciting! We are happy for you guys. I loved the husband tag post. It's fun to get to know you guys better by blog since we're so far away!

Rebecca said...

i bet you are so excited to move again!!! but I bet you are excited to be close to your family and that you don't have to move again. oh and love your husband post very cute! I hope all is well and let me know when you come back down! What a growing family!