Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Catching Up

I've been meaning to post pictures of Jaden's actual birthday for awhile but it seems like I never had the time. However, looking back I can't really think of too much going on that would have occupied my time. Since we had a bigger party at my parents house we didn't do too much on Jaden's birthday. We took him to Old McDonald's for lunch (I'm pretty sure he thinks that the song is referring to the golden arches.) We had a little party for him at home when Scott got off work and Jaden was able to open his big gift which was a bike. Unfortunately it was pouring rain that night so he didn't get to go outside and ride it. That night he woke up sick with the stomach flu and was out of commission for several days. This past week Jaden was able to go out and ride his bike around. He's still trying to get the hang of it, he just crashes into things rather than use the brakes.



My parents and Heather came over to see us this weekend and we discovered a great place to take the boys fishing. You simply had to cast your line out about 10 feet and you would have a bite within a minute or two. Jaden has a kid's pole that we got for a dollar at goodwill last year so we pleasantly surprised to find that it actually works and we were able to catch several fish with it.



Ditching the fishing to go play in the dirt.

Yesterday we went for our first family bike ride of the year. Logan left his helmet on for about a minute and a half, we'll shoot for 2 solid minutes next time.

14 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

I was so pleased to see a new blog! Good job!!! We sure had fun at your place. I was sad to realize I left my camera at home and so didn't get any pictures of Jaden's big fish! You got some pretty cute pictures though.
Has Logan had any more licorice?

Jared and Melissa said...

The fishing looks like so much fun! That's such a big bike... you'll have to put up a video of Jaden riding it.
You said you couldn't think of what has been occupying your time... how about children with the stomache flu for one???

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Just for the record I repeatedly tried to convince Chad to let us stay home because Jackson was sick. You can yell at your brother for passing on the germs. :) Those were such fun pictures...I especially loved the one with Jaden holding his pole sitting in his chair. Cute!

Rachel said...

that is so cute to see him sitting there fishing. I think fishing is a great thing for kids to learn!! Sorry to see you had a sick little guy too. I guess we had matching weekends, Luke just had his birthday too and was sick.

Danielle and Derek said...

The boys look so cute in their little helmets. It's been long enough since Derek's mission...maybe one of these days he'll be ready to get back on the saddle and we'll get bikes, though I won't hold my breath. Sounds like a fun time!

Garden Street Zoo said...

I like the updated blog! Jaden's bike is very spiffy. I can still remember my first "big kid" bike. Ahh, those were the days!

Stacie Hawley said...

Ok...so your two boys are just too cute for words!! Hmm...I'm having two girls...this is perfect!! ha ha...in a few years we'll have to set them up!!

Julie said...

Love the new layout! It looks really nice.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Jaden! I love those fishing pictures.

Heather said...

It sure was fun spending time with you! And it was great that Jaden caught a bigger fish than Grandpa (haha).

jeanine said...

Looks like you guys have been having a good time!

Oh and William calls it Old McDonalds too!

Quists said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Logan is looking more and more like a lil' boy instead of a lil' baby. Such cute pictures and memories in the making. I hope you are all doing well!

SRGathercoal said...

I can't believe that he is 3! and the poor guy got the flu! That happened to me once! oh and have you heard from jenna lately? I haven't talk to her in about 9 months or so! well have a great day! we are moving into the house this week! yeah!

Anonymous said...

April, I just got caught up on so much of your blog! It's so fun to read what's going on, and I especially loved the rap video. Don't you love summer? There's something going on every second and it's so fun.