Tuesday, March 11, 2008

On the road again

Since we can't seem to stay put anywhere for longer than a year at a time, we are getting ourselves ready for another move. Scott accepted a job last week working for ISP Sports at Washington State University which is across the state in Pullman. Unlike our many moves in the past where we've had plenty of time to plan and get ourselves organized we now have about two weeks to get out there...just a bit overwhelming!
We weren't planning on leaving Seattle so soon but when Scott was approached about this job we decided that it was a good fit for our family and we jumped on it. We drove over there Sunday afternoon to see the area and try to find a place to live. We only had Monday so it was a quick trip and sadly we left without any solid leads on housing. I'm concerned but not too stressed about this yet, I'm holding on the hope that something great will magically fall into our laps this next week.
In case you haven't been to eastern Washington I included a picture I took on our drive there. Pullman does have hills and a few trees but basically it's out in the middle of nowhere. We are really going to miss the beauty of Seattle, but are excited to move to a smaller community.


16 comments:

jeanine said...

Wow! Congrats and good luck with all the moving stuff! I'm sure everything will work out great!

ronandlindahatfield said...

We're so glad you are still in Washington! Bet you will love the dry weather!! One question ---
what are you going to do with all the purple wear??

Garden Street Zoo said...

Congrats on the new job! Having lived on both sides of the state, the East side is definitely a whole lot cheaper. Good luck getting everything all packed up. I will be doing that in a few weeks and I am not really looking forward to it.

Jared and Melissa said...

I'm glad its you having to pack up all your stuff and not me! How exciting.Good luck! I hope you find a place to live.

Heather said...

I am not looking foward to the longer drive to see you! But I am sure it will be a great adventure!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I'm voting for you to become Idahoans! :) Yeah, it seems the eastern parts of Washington, Idaho, and Oregon are all pretty nasty. I'm sure you guys will love it there though and especially the part where Scott gets to be home more! Congrats again.

Christina said...

Wow! That's great. I hate packing, but you're probably pretty good at it by now. Don't forget to send me your new address! And good luck with the housing search.

Danielle and Derek said...

You'll have to let us know how Pullman is - maybe Derek can get a job there. Now you can be Cougar fans in more ways than one. Good luck with the quick move!

jeanine said...

by the way... what does Scott do for a living?

Stacie Hawley said...

Congrats on the new job!! Good luck with the move!!

April said...

Jeanine- Scott works in college athletics. Right now he works in fundraising but his new job will be working with corporate sales.

Quists said...

April... I know you were going to miss me when we moved to Minnesota, but you didn't have to up and move yourself! We are coming back in a year. :) Well, you and your sweet family will be missed. If you want help with the move, let us know... do you have a date in mind!?
I don't have your email address (that your google/blogger) is set up under... so if you want to send me it @ ckquistfamily@hotmail.com that would be great. I had to set up our blog as "invite only" now. You can read why on our blog. I hope you are doing well!

jeanine said...

Rich would love to do something with athletics... it's his dream job.

Rebecca said...

Wow that is so crazy! So do you think you will be there for awhile? You need to give me a new address when you get settled in so that I can send you me christmas/birth announcemnt card out. Good luck with the move!

Jen said...

congrats on the move -- and I'm excited to have found your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks like Utah! We understand. We came from Ohio back to Utah and were like "What the hey? Do you remember it being this dry and barren?" Well, I'm sure things will unfold for you and you'll get right settled in and all. I always think moving sounds like a great idea. I can't stay in one place for two years before I'm itching for a change. Excited to hear how it all goes for you!