Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I went to the Dr again yesterday. I had progressed a little from last time but she didn't seem to think that the baby was coming anytime this week. This was actually good news considering that Jaden and I both have colds to get over before the big arrival. The best part of going in for a check up is that Scott takes a long lunch to go with us and we always have a picnic afterwards.
Every morning when Jaden wakes up he frowns at me and says that he wants Daddy to get him up. Often times he doesn't believe me that Scott has actually left for work so we are forced to call him on the phone to confirm that he really is gone before Jaden will get out of his bed. So on days that we get to pick Daddy up from work and have a picnic are like Christmas for the kid.
Jaden actually has grown to really like going to the doctor as well. As soon as I step off the scale he climbs right up to see how much he weighs. Yesterday he was explaining everything to my doctor saying, "that is baby brother's heartbeat" and that "Mommy's belly is really big right now, when baby brother comes out Mommy's belly will be small." Thanks for the encouragement Jaden.

Jaden has taken it upon himself to always carry the cooler




We were so lucky that it was such a beautiful afternoon after a week of rain

I included a pregnant picture...put a fork in me, I think I'm done folks

9 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

You look good April. I like your hair. We will be there in 4 days and then the good times can start rolling!

Stacie Hawley said...

You look fantastic...holy cow...I think I burned every picture ever taken in my last trimester...I was so HUGE!! And I am not kidding...HUGE!! People would say...oh you look great...and then after I had the baby they were like...I am so glad you had that baby...you just looked miserable. THANKS! ha ha. Anyways...so cute!! Can't wait to see the new pictures of the baby...sometime...soon...ha ha! Hooray for you guys! A family of four soon!

Heather said...

I can't wait for you guys to have that baby! I am hoping and praying that this loabor and delivery are easier than Jaden's. You have a great family!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

That's pretty funny that Jaden makes you call to confirm Scott's absence. You're so much more patient than I am--I would probably leave Jackson in his bed.

Jared and Melissa said...

You really do look good in that picture. It's so sad that Dad's have to go to work. I'm trying to come up with a good career for Jared that will let him work from home. I'll let you guys know when I figure that out.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I think you might have that baby before I have mine. Don't be offended if I don't check your blog until I have this kid, because I don't think I could stand the jealousy if you did have your early. ;)

Garden Street Zoo said...

Looking good! I really like your hair. I am trying what to decide what to do with mine at the moment. Can't wait for pictures of the new munchkin!

Christina said...

You really look great! I got so big with Hudson that I'm terrified what I'll look like the next time around! Seriously, you're the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen. Good luck getting over your colds!

Danielle and Derek said...

We're all anxiously awaiting Jaden's little brother's arrival. Good luck and I hope he gets here this week!