Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Weekend

Scott's parents came to visit for the long weekend. We wore them out taking advantage of the great weather and the beautiful surroundings. On Saturday we went to Remlinger Farms, which had a little country fair amusement park. Jaden loved it, and we had fun on the kid rides too!







They had an old fire truck for kids to climb on....which turned out to be Jaden's favorite attraction.

Because it was early in the season the lines weren't long at all. Jaden was able to go on the canoe ride 3-4 times in a row before his turn was over.


We couldn't get him to ride on a real pony, but he LOVED the swinging carousel!


Driving Grandma and Grandpa Holt around the farm.


This ride was off limits for pregnant women, but I figured if my two year old could handle it so could I.










Monday, we took a ferry from Edmonds to Kingston and drove around the Olympic Peninsula. Scott told Jaden the night before that we were going to go on a big boat, he was so excited that he couldn't sleep. As I was laying with him trying to get him to fall asleep he kept talking about it. I would think he was down then I would hear, "Mommy, Jaden go on a big boat after breakfast...after night-night...Daddy go too...Grandma and Grandpa Holt too...jacket too...everybody going on big boat...SO MUCH FUN!"



Jaden doesn't like to be left out, so if Scott and I are wearing our sunglasses he needs his on too. There was an Asian tourist on the ferry who asked if he could take Jaden's picture. He thought it was pretty funny to see this kid strutting his stuff around the boat.



Walking along the beach


Scott loves lighthouses. Every time we see one we have to stop and take his picture. I think they are neat, but I don't feel the urge to drive out of the way to see them like he does. However, I do love to see how excited Scott gets.


Jaden loved the beach and kept asking in the car if we could go find another ocean.

6 comments:

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Jaden is such a big boy. We miss you guys...going more than two weeks without seeing you is too much! Cute pictures. That place looked fun.

Jared and Melissa said...

April, you must not realize the symbolisms of a light house. Great Pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

Christina said...

That looks like such a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to enjoy the great weather. That Jaden sure is a cute guy!

Anonymous said...

April, yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about that ride. I went on the Spyder rollercoaster at Lagoon when I could still hide my pregnancy (dumb, I know). What a fun amusement park! Only four months now until the baby! Time flies!

Garden Street Zoo said...

What a funny coincidence that you and Heidi are due around the same time. I am sure you are getting so excited. Its the home stretch now! I can't wait to see pictures of both of your new babies. I need to come down and visit you some time since I am only a little bit over an hour away...

Anonymous said...

Did Scott never tell you about his days as a sea merchant? Now those were some stories!