Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Atlantis

Edward Jones is a wonderful company to work for and we have nothing but great things to say about them. Every six months the financial advisers have the opportunity to qualify for a free trip with their spouse (kids can come too but you have to pay for them). Since Scott is super awesome at his job we were able to go to the Bahamas for a week. We choose to leave the kids at home, they had a great time with my parents. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort and it was amazing! Along with the beach there are like 11 swimming pools, 7 big water slides, and two lazy rivers to float on. All we did was play and eat all day long for a week. By the end of the week we were ready to come home, Scott was anxious to get back to work (to qualify for the next trip) and I was ready to be with my babies again. Cannon started walking while we gone and it seemed like he grew up several months even though it was just a week.

Scott and I ready to head to the airport and the kids overjoyed for their week long sleepover with grandpa and grandma.


When we go to to the resort we had to wait about an hour for our room to get ready so we decided to walk around. We got stuck in a twenty minute downpour and started wondering if we brought enough stuff to keep us entertained in case we had to stay inside all week. The rain passed and we had great weather for the rest of the trip. You got to love the self portraits, I swear I don't really have that many chins.


The view from our room





There were several tunnels to walk through that had sharks, sting rays and other fish swimming all around you. One of the water slides even takes you through a shark tank (of course there is glass around you).







There were hundreds of fish swimming around, I thought it was funny when we ended up taking a picture not a single one could be seen.


Most days we set up camp at the beach, the water was so clear and blue!



We ate so much good food while we were there and I think I probably gained 15 pounds in just one week. One restaurant we went to had portions so big that even though we shared an entree there was enough left over to feed 12 people. Most of the nights our bill for the two of us came to around $200, thank you Edward Jones for picking up those tabs!



4 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

Pretty impressive! Glad you had a good time. We loved keeping the boys!!

Jared and Melissa said...

Did you delete my message I left last week? I don't know where it went.
It looks like a perfect vacation and we're planning on coming with you next time!

Danielle and Derek said...

We'll join you next time, too. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind watching all the kids at once:)

It sure was a great summer!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I might have to push Chad into financial planning as his new career so I can go on awesome trips every six months too! That's my kind of life!