Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We have had a really calm winter and an early spring so we were very surprised to wake up to snow a few days before Easter. The boys loved watching it fall and were pretty disappointed that it turned to rain and melted before they got to chance to go out in it.

Coloring eggs with little kids is always an adventure.






Easter morning Logan was a little nervous about the bunny leaving him a basket so he hid under his blanket until he knew it was safe.






The Easter Bunny left some gummy teeth.

Sunglasses are always a hit!






They only family picture we got was sporting our shades.

We had a lot of fun over at my parents house celebrating with family. We also managed to listen to some great conference talks.










The boys like to put on shows with their cousins. For some reason they always have to take off their shirts to perform.

Eventually some if not all lose their pants too.

As the night was winding down we told the boys to look outside to see a surprise...the Easter Bunny! Jaden took one look out the window and completely lost it. I have never heard him scream that loud or sound more terrified than at that moment. I tried to calm him down and tell him it was just Aunt Sharon dressed up in a costume for fun, but he was still uneasy for the rest of the night. I did convince him to outside and collect his treat, but he wouldn't let go of my hand. He woke up that night screaming, he had a nightmare about the bunny. Poor guy!

7 comments:

Garden Street Zoo said...

I love the upside down sunglasses on Logan. That is a good look for him! The shirtless little man performance looks hilarious. You might need to get that on video next time.

Jared and Melissa said...

Poor little Jaden! He better come visit us, we don't have any large bunnies here. Looks like a fun Easter. Wish we could have been there with everyone!

Danielle and Derek said...

You all look great in your shades. Happy Easter!

Halsey said...

The story about Jaden being scared by the giant bunny is SO funny! I would probably be scared too! Love the picture with the shades. Scott and Mark are definitely related. And p.s. I still get overwhelmed when I check your blog because you are having baby number three!! I can hardly handle one, hahaha!

Heather said...

What a fun Eater you had! You forgot to say that Jaden threw up later. I am glad you got to come over for Confrence and Easter!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

We're sorry for Jaden's "episode," but so thankful for another funny memory that will last forever! We love you J!

Anonymous said...

After catching up on your posts, I just found out you were expecting again! Congrats! Boys are fantastic (except for potty training)!

That is too funny about Jaden! My kids are always scared of Santa and the Easter Bunny, but every year I bring them up like a sacrificial offering, while they are screaming and I'm trying to convince them that Santa is not going to eat them. The things we do for/to our kids!!