If you haven't heard by now we found out about a month ago that baby #3 is another BOY.
The boys have been very SICK for the past week! After nearly 5 years of motherhood I had my first visit to the ER. Jaden had a cold that kept getting worse which led to him having a really hard time breathing. I tried taking him to an instacare center, after about 3 minutes in the room that doctor sent us immediately to the emergency room. We were there for several hours. They gave Jaden a couple of breathing treatments and a chest xray. His final diagnosis was bronchitis, borderline pneumonia, and asthma attack. We are now the proud owners of our own nebulizer machine, which I am hoping we never have to use again. Just to show how bad I am at blogging these days, I never carry my camera around with me anymore so I have no pictures of our exciting hospital visit.
At first Jaden thought it was fun to wear a fish mask during his breathing treatments...

The excitement wore off quick when he realized that he had to sit there for 10 mins at a time, several times a day.
Logan started with a cold as well and his soon led to an ear infection (Jaden had a double ear infection as well) and croup. I nearly took him to the ER in the middle of the night since I had never experience croup before and didn't know what to do. Logan improved a little before I actually loaded him up in the car, so luckily for our pocketbook he was able to just go to the instacare in the morning. The hardest part was keeping my active boys still so that they could rest and recover. They are much better now and are loving the warm weather we are having.
Scott went to the first round of ncaa basketball games in Spokane (while I was at home with sick kids). Jaden was pretty upset when he found out why his dad was gone, so we had to have our own basketball party here. Jaden and Scott made tickets for us to get into the "arena" and we got to order dinner from the concession stand. Here are my boys eating hot dogs and frozen burritos. They followed that up with popcorn and nachos.

Jaden doubled as a spectator and the official ticket taker.

Since my last post I did have a birthday. Just one more year of my youth!
One morning I got out of the shower to find Jaden ready to put on a cowboy concert for me.
I was gone one night at winter camp with the young women in the ward, so the boys got to have a cookout of their own.
8 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that your kids have been sick. Yuck!
That is really cool how you put on a BB party for them, great memories!
Hope you are feeling good. :)
Poor little guys. Having sick kids is the worst, especially when you have to take them to the ER - yikes.
Hope you had a good birthday! Enjoy the last year of your twenties!
p.s. My mom ran into Scott the other day at a meeting and they had a nice little chat. =)
Yea for boys! :) That is exciting. If Scott is a golfer, now he has his "doubles" teams. :)
Wow, that would be scary with your boys' illnesses affecting their breathing, etc.. I am glad they are doing better.
And happy late birthday to you! You look great!
haha. I LOVE your idea for the game. I'm stealing it. My kids would love that.
That looked like a fun cowboy concert! I bet it reminded you of your middle school days.
You better start turning the camera over to Scott so you can get some prego pictures of yourself on here!
I am sorry that the boys were sick. They sure are cute though!
I can't believe you forgot to grab the camera on the way out the door to the E.R.!:) Poor Jaden - that second mask picture is so pitiful. I hope you're all feeling better soon.
Cool basketball party!
Although we missed you at Uncle Jim's basketball party, it looks like you had a fun one of your own. Glad the boys are feeling better.
Post a Comment