When we drove into town we headed straight over to meet the lady who was managing this couples house and she took us to see our new home. I didn't even have to go inside to know that it wasn't going to work. It was terrible - extremely small and very old! Not only that but the people still had their things everywhere. Bottles in the refrigerator, toys scattered around the house, random furniture left when it was suppose to be empty. The nice management lady was like "huh well you're not saying anything, so what do you think?" I told her that I didn't see how it would work but we didn't really have a choice. We had everything loaded in a moving truck with no place to go. Thank heavens for us though this nice lady told us that she had a 3 bedroom duplex that was empty that she would let us rent through the summer. We drove over there and upon walking in the front door we told her we'd take it. It's smaller than what we had in Seattle, but we have a yard! Our place is in no way ready to take pictures of and post yet, but hopefully by this weekend we'll get all of our boxes put away.
We really are enjoying living here so far. Scott mentioned that he already feels more at home here than he ever did after a year in Seattle and I have to agree. I love that it takes Scott 5 minutes to get home from work, I love that we are paying $500 less in rent than we were in Seattle, I love that we can actually buy a home here, I love that I found Winco to shop at - Amy you had told me great things, and now I'm a believer. Seriously we were like kids in a candy shop while picking up our groceries. The same brand of ice cream that cost $6 in Seattle was regularly priced at $3 there. Everything was cheaper, except for milk which is a bummer since we go through at least two gallons a week.
When Scott was about 4 years old his family moved from Kansas City, MO to Utah and while his two older brothers got to ride in the moving truck with his dad Scott had to fly there with his mom and little sister. Apparently he remembers being so upset about it that he was insistent that Jaden could ride in the moving truck with him. I tried to protest, but you can see who won that battle. Just look how happy they are!
13 comments:
we're glad you're getting settled. Jaden is going to love having a yard! Has it been warm enough to enjoy it yet? The price of milk has gone up a ton in the last year so its not cheap anywhere. We now only buy it at Costco. Can't wait to see pictures of your place.
Jaden does look like he was in heaven! I'm excited to see your new place. Put pictures up soon.
What!?! You mean "Super April" hasn't already unpacked everything? I thought you guys were professional movers! Just kidding of course. I'm SO happy for you guys and hope that you will really enjoy life in Pullman. We'll miss your Seattle residence, but are so excited for Scott and his enthusiasm with his job. Congratulations! Also, I am VERY jealous of your Winco access. We always went there growing up to not only buy groceries, but rent movies, buy pizza (it's really quite good), and pick out a small amount of candy in their bulk section. That's where I want to go when I come visit! :)
I can't wait to come visit you guys (that is if I am invited)! I am happy for you guys! I bet Jaden thought it was the greatest thing to ride in the moving truck!
I'm glad that everything worked out. We will be making the reverse move (well almost) this summer and I am certainly not looking forward to it. I can't wait until you get to buy a house! That will be so exciting!
I'm glad things worked out with your housing. That must have been an aweful feeling to see the place that was suposed to be home turn out to be such a dump! It is also nice that you feel so at home so quickly, doesn't that make a world of diference.
It sounds like you're in a great place. It must be perfect to have a smaller town environment, yet shopping not too far away. You may even run into the Seegmillers someday. Tell Evan Meagan misses him.! By the way, PA regulates their milk prices so it is never on sale (even at Costco) and has been close to $4 a gallon ever since we've lived here!
I'm so glad you made it there safely and that you are all doing well. I'm also glad you ended up living in a place better than the one you had originally heard about! I hope you are all doing well!
April, I do need to see you again! Let me know what dates you will be here.
glad to her you found a place and didnt have to stay in the yucky place. I LOVE winco. We have so many expensive stores around here I dont know how they stay in business and why everyone doesnt go to winco. Better for me I guess, shorter lines.
I'm glad that you're liking your new place! And yea for cheap groceries (although I can't believe you go through only 2 gallons a week! We go through at least 3-4... and William drinks most of it!)
Ahhh fun! I can't wait to see the pictures
Glad to see that the move went well. My mom went to school there in Eastern Washington and loved it.
Post a Comment