Scott and I have been married for nearly 4 years now and in that time we have lived in 5 different apartments. Moving as become something we are pretty good at, but this time it was a little different as the University of Washington was paying to have someone else move us. Having someone else come in pack everything up and ship it for you sounded pretty nice especially since Scott was busy finishing school and I being hit with pregnancy tiredness was busy enough chasing a toddler around. Although, our stuff finally did end up in Seattle it's a pretty scary thing having someone else move you. Two ladies came to pack up boxes and I was fairly happy with the company, but then the next day the driver came to load the truck and my confidence went down the tube. The shady looking guy hardly said a word to us and just started throwing our stuff in the truck. The highlight was when he took a break to call his bookie to place a few bets. We basically gave that guy everything we owned and in turn he gave us some scribbled on piece of paper. It's not a comforting feeling.Once we got to Seattle we had about a week before Scott started work to find a place to live. We actually found what we thought was a great deal on a townhouse in just a few days and arranged for the movers to drop off our stuff the next week. Once we got everything moved in we found out that the place was in need of a lot more TLC then we had anticipated. The dishwasher was broken as well as the dryer and the downstairs heater. After we gave Jaden a bath in the upstairs tub we realized that a pipe leaked into a kitchen cabinet downstairs. One morning we woke up to find that the fridge was also leaking water all over the floor. After a lot of repair help from my dad and a maintenance guy that is suppose to finish things up this week I think I'm officially ready to call it home. We are still trying to get everything put away and decorated, but it's coming together. 
Kid's room - We should hopefully find out in the next couple of weeks what we're having. If it ends up being a girl I guess I'm going to have to learn how to pain some pink butterflies and ponies on the wall.
Family Room upstairs - Basically it's just a play area for Jaden. Wouldn't it be nice if those toys stayed on the shelf for more then 10 seconds?
Family Room Downstairs - We are still trying to figure out what pictures we want to use, which is why there are about 2 dozen frames laying around.
Kitchen - You got to love the 1970's chandelier
4 comments:
Moving is just not fun! I have done it way too much since college began. Glad to see you are on the blogger bandwagon. It is kind of fun! I love seeing everyone's pictures!
Looks like a nice place. It's great that you have a separate play area to keep toys. We're excited to know if Jaden will have a little brother or sister!
sweet mansion!!!
Wow, you are already done with school??? I thought for sure you had another year...time flies by. Don't worry, you aren't the only one with a fixer-upper home. We've only begun to scratch the surface on our house and it's going to take some serious time. Oh well, at least we got a great deal on it...that's something I can smile about! Yay repos!
Post a Comment